Monday, April 11, 2011

first pass at beats ::dances::

So we are now up to our quick beats which are the keys to my story.  So here I have our opening scene where we are introduced to a ordinary hall way with a baby's crib at the end of the hall. intro our fork male (with a tie) and woman fork (bow tie pasta)  and a baby in the crib. we then jump to the conflict two of them pointing blame. we jump to the reveal we have a spork and then our end where we have a neighbor the spoon waving to the dad fork who is looking out from the window... can we say drama? ok so beats are rough thus my art work here is very rough but I wanted to show everyone the idea of that is in my head. I want so bad to make this into a small stick gag that will be maybe 8 shots total with really strong posing which is why i need to get the poses right. It is taking a ton of work because i am still learning about animation and have just my production meeting to work on when it comes to my own idea of what a work flow is .

So after I showed this to my director and with quite a bit of critiques I went with my friend Justin and started thinking of color and maybe some more detail to this world of forks. Again this is a learning possess and if anyone had a better work flow send me a link because knowledge is power. Anyways we started coming up with  some cool concept art that is still in  rough. It is important to remember that you want to make sure that the idea comes off to the animators very clear and to the the modelers that this is the world that i want . the more detail the better the props and it will help spark more of the imagination that helps us relate even though it is a fork.

So here is some sample work from the concept stage.



 So in this one we have a basic blue baby room we are taking from the real world. we are keeping with what we know as students that one we need a crib, we are going with a circle cause in art we know that circle shape is safe and inviting we are going with a soft color palette because we know that it is something that will be warm and inviting. now the odd stuff that you will not see in the "real" world is the Salt shaker on the shelf or the gummy bear... the sugar cube cushion. it is taking a bit of the real and mixing it with of the un-real but still allowing to viewer to know that hey this is a baby's room.


Now this is the hall way that you see in the first beat. I really like that old home feel that so many of us have grown up in. In this shot thumb we can see that we are in an older home and on the walls are photos and a carpet that helps the viewers eye lead down the hall way. one can see the hall of pictures sort of a monument to a family or of achievements that we earn in our life time so this shot will help establish the viewer to feel at home and also relate to the world. but if one looks a bit more closely you can see that the hat rack has a meatball and a ravioli hanging still allowing us to show the viewer that they might just not be in the real world after all. so this is where I leave all of you with a the draw out beats and the concept art for some of the world that I want to show. Please remember that any ideas or thoughts help me look at this story from an another angle and I want to know if anyone else has another way that they might see that will be helpful for me to grow.  thanks again and will blog again soon.
-em

No comments:

Post a Comment